Friday, August 10, 2012

Rookie Blue Tears & Lizard Screams

If you watched Rookie Blue last night on ABC & cried.

And watched it again today on Hulu & cried again.

I have nothing to say to you, but CALL ME!

I don't know anyone who watches this show, & for some reason, I love it!

You will either be sad or glad to hear that the beginning of this post has nothing to do with the rest of it! 

I'm sad!

I need chocolate chip cookie dough icecream.  Stat!

If you are looking for a fun, inexpensive activity to do with your children or to let them do by themselves while you go watch Rookie Blue, then this is it, my friend!

This was given as a gift to WJ, & he loves it!!!!!  A teacher friend of ours gave it to him, & she says this works on fine motor skills.  I just know it's fun & my son loves it!

Instructions:
- Buy a big, huge, can't-imagine-who-would-use-all-of-this bag of rice.
- Buy some kind of clear Sterilite (or any other brand) container with a lid that secures well! {don't ask how I know this}
- Buy bunches of Dollar Store creepy, crawlies.
- Buy a plastic magnifying glass & a set of "bug" tweezers.  (about 3 x's bigger than the ones for eyebrows)
- Pour the rice & layer the creepy crawlies inside.
- Set kiddo outside or on kitchen table (controlled environment) & let them have at it!  Uncovering all of those fun icky creepy crawlies!

Box o' Rice!

Digging for Pink Snakes!

CRAZY EYES!

I am a calm, happy child!

Whatever you do, don't buy creepy, crawlies that look real.  Please save yourself squeals, screams, & heart attacks by buying ones that clearly look fake.  I'm serious!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment