Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pot the Roast. Don't Roast the Pot!

Before the baby boy came along, one of our favorite meals was Pot Roast.

I would make it for a dinner party or just for the two of us to enjoy.

The other day I decided to make it again.  {TRUTH, I was cah-ra-ving it!!!!}

If you read yesterday's post, then you'll understand why I hesistated somewhat, wondering if our son would eat it.

HE LOVED IT!

We devoured that potted roast!

This recipe can easily feed 6-8 people, & it makes wonderful leftovers.

{LeFtOvErS} --- I used to despise that word, but now that I'm a SAHM that word & I are BFF's!

Here is the yummy, delicious, mouth-watering, life changing recipe. 

Now that I've talked it up so much, it is sure to be a disappointment!  Don't you hate it when people do that?

I've adapted this recipe slightly from the Fix-It & Forget-It Cookbook.

Beef Pot Roast

3-4 lb. sirloin tip roast (don't skimp & get a cheaper cut!  do.not.do.it!!!!)
1 envelope dry onion-mushroom soup mix
1 can Campell's cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of water
3 Tbsp. of flour
3 beef bouillon cubes
1 large onion, chopped
1 container of fresh mushrooms

Combine all ingredients in your Crock Pot.
Cover & cook on low 10-12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment