Thursday, October 4, 2012

Emotional Basketcase, Part 2

If you missed Part 1 from yesterday, then here it is again!

Our journey to Walker was ugly & tough & sweet & beautiful & humbling & uplifting!

But when I think of how far he has come.

And for that matter, how far I've come.

I just wanna cry & cry & cry!

-------------------------

When I hear my baby boy thank Jesus for his Mommy & Daddy......

I wanna sob!

When my child who didn't give kisses, asks for kisses from Mommy & Daddy......

I wanna sob!

When my sweet boy who didn't know how to cry, now boo-hoos when he gets hurt......

I wanna sob!

When my precious boy tells me that he doesn't want to go back to Uganda......

I wanna sob!

------------------------------

And when I see how far he has & is coming in homeschool, my heart just soars with joy!

To see a little boy who had no interest in drawing or coloring, sit down & draw pictures of his family.....

This makes me full of joy!

To see a little boy who didn't know his colors, begin to recognize his colors & become confident in that knowledge.....

This makes me full of joy!

To see a little boy who didn't have any toys, play contently with his cars & toys........

This too makes me full of joy!

--------------------

To make myself step back for just a minute from the day-to-day, crazy, busy life of a stay at home, homeschooling Mom & just think of all the Lord has done!

This makes me want to both sob & leap for joy!

-----------------------------

This time last year, I was a Mommy without a baby.

And he was a baby without a Mommy.

In a way, we were both wandering around in the dark with just Hope guiding our darkened steps.

In a perfect, sinless world, Walker would've been able to stay with the Mommy who gave him birth.

Death would've never taken her.

In a perfect, sinless world, I would've conceived & carried a child.

BUT that's not our world, is it?

In the midst of the sin & the ugly & the bad.............

We find GREAT JOY...........

We found each other!

And we find these things all because there is Hope!

Great Hope!

"A father to the fatherless .... is God in his holy dwelling.  God sets the lonely in families ... " 
- Psalm 68: 5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment