Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Look Out Lola! It's Nutella Granola.

Okay, so I go through these phases.

Phases where I can eat the very same thing for breakfast every day of my life.

Until.

Well, until I wake up one morning, & the delicious breakfast, which I've been consuming for days on end, is now detestable to me.

At which point I switch to something else.

Eat it every day for forever.

Decide it's gross, & move on to something else.

Then I switch to something else, & eat it every day for a very long time.

It's a vicious circle.  One that, for certain, only exists in a first world country!

Anyway, I am embarking on a brand new breakfast routine.

NUTELLA GRANOLA!

Need I say more?

I am totally into my Nutella Granola & yogurt each morning.  It is so yummy!



This recipe is loosely based off my friend RuthAnn's granola recipe.  However, I've adapted it to make it all my own.  I think you'll really enjoy it!

Try it out & let me know what you think!



Nutella Granola
4 cups regular oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 to 1/2 cup dried blueberries
Combine above ingredients in mixing bowl.
Melt Together:
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup honey
Pour melted yummy goodness over ingredients in mixing bowl.
Finally:
Add 2-3 heaping, giant, overflowing Tbsp. Nutella, & mix all together until well coated.
Bake:
Line baking sheet/jelly roll with parchment paper.  Bake in preheated oven at 225 for about 1 hour to 1 hour & 10 mins.  Stirring occasionally.
ENJOY!!!!!!!

My cute little breakfast buddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment