Thursday, January 17, 2013

Keep Calm & Monogram it All.

After yesterday's tough-to-write, tough-to-share blog post, I think we all need a little fluff.

I must admit to not fully understanding this craze with the "Keep Calm and {fill in the blank}" sayings I see circulating all over Pinterest, blogs, and Facebook.

I also must admit to thinking that several of them are pretty cute.

However, this one may just be my life mantra.


I do love a good monogram...... block, script, diamond, circle...... it doesn't much matter on the font {on second thought, that's not really true}, but I do love monograms in all shapes & sizes!!!!!!

When I was born, my parents only gave me two names. My first & last name. No middle name.

My Daddy's reasoning {borrowed from my grandfather}, was that he didn't want me to have to choose which one of my names to drop at the time of marriage. And my Mommy, herself not being addicted to monograms, agreed to the preposterous idea.

For years, I lived my life repressed.

Unable to express myself through The Monogram.

But at the time of my marriage, I fully came into my own.

Everything that can be monogrammed, is!

Monograms in the living room, dining room, kitchen, master bedroom, baby's room, on our stationary, our clothes, and my Vera Bradley.

Fortunately for me, I have a dear friend from college who may be more monogram crazy than I am. Every Christmas we mail each other some new fangled monogrammable item. It may be my favorite gift to give all year long.

I didn't think there was anything too ridiculous to be monogrammed. I mean, one time, I saw a pair of monogrammed jeans & fell in love {although my husband forbade it.} However, I recently saw a pair of monogrammed running shorts......... um, I found it! That would be my limit!

Go forth & monogram......... but try to keep calm about it.



 

3 comments:

  1. I recently saw one of these signs on another bloggy friends' post it said, Now Panic and Freak Out. It really struck me funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Scott on the monogrammed jeans...too much (I can't believe I said that!). But the monogrammed running shorts??? WHERE did you see those? I think I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know my thoughts on this ;-). I <3 the monogram. Still looking for those boots.

    ReplyDelete