Sunday, June 30, 2013

Remembering Our {Adoption} Adventure - part 12

I am picking up where I left off with regard to Walker's ONE YEAR adoption anniversary.  We had a family emergency arise, & then I just got off track & kinda forgot.  I will be blogging about our adoption journey to Uganda & beyond!  The Lord took us on a sweet adventure to become a family of 3.  We were in Uganda adopting Walker for about 3 weeks.  There were ups & downs.  Highs & lows.  Joys & triumphs.

My husband & I chronicled our adventures on a private Facebook group we created to keep friends & family up to date on all the latest happenings.

This is a re-cap & remembering of our journey ONE YEAR ago!!!!


May 30, 2012 - post #1 written by my husband
WJ's passport is done! We will go to IOM later this week for his medical tests, and should have the results by Monday next week. If everything comes back good we can then petition the US embassy for his visa! Thank you all for your prayers, and we ask that you continue to pray for us!

May 30, 2013 - post #2 also written by my husband
A few more fun facts about Uganda: I have yet to see a glass of ice. I don't really like pineapple in the States, but here I cannot get enough. Novida has made the transition to no sweet tea not quite so bad. It is dusty all the time in Kampala. It seems as if people are always burning their trash in Kampala. I will try fried grasshoppers at some point, but I will not try fish eyes. There are skyscrapers here. There is no desert in Uganda, it is very lush and almost anything will grow here. I saw a boda-boda (motorcycle taxi) hit a man on a bicycle. Both men starting yelling at each other in the middle of the street, and after about 30 second a crowd came along and pushed them off to the side of the road and everyone went on their way.




No comments:

Post a Comment