Saturday, June 29, 2013

Remembering Our {Adoption} Adventure - part 11

I am picking up where I left off with regard to Walker's ONE YEAR adoption anniversary.  We had a family emergency arise, & then I just got off track & kinda forgot.  I will be blogging about our adoption journey to Uganda & beyond!  The Lord took us on a sweet adventure to become a family of 3.  We were in Uganda adopting Walker for about 3 weeks.  There were ups & downs.  Highs & lows.  Joys & triumphs.

My husband & I chronicled our adventures on a private Facebook group we created to keep friends & family up to date on all the latest happenings.

This is a re-cap & remembering of our journey ONE YEAR ago!!!!



May 29, 2013 - posted by my Mom
My Mom posted this in the group on our behalf.  We were en route back to the capital city to wait out the rest of our paperwork journey.
Rejoicing in the Lord ! The judge gave a favorable ruling. So they are off to Kampala to get a Visa and a Passport for Walker..... thank you for the prayers and keep praying.

May 29, 2013
Tomorrow we go to IOM (International Organization of Migration.) Here we get WJ's medical something or other. I think it is basically a physical (including a TB test.) Our appointment is at 9am. Please pray that we are seen quickly, that WJ does well with the exam, & that his TB test comes back negative. Our lawyer has also filed for his passport, & we are hopeful to receive this end of this week or beginning of next. Once he has passed the physical & has his passport, then we can apply for the visa. I think I heard that this process can take only about 2 days......... but I'm not sure how true that really is! I think BEST CASE scenario is that we would be able to leave for the U.S.A. end of next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment