Friday, August 31, 2012

I Eat. Therefore I Run.

Clarification.......... I love to eat!

And dessert is my favorite!

Therefore running is a necessity in my life!

This water bottle is perfect for me!  It about sums up my philosophy on running.

 

Over the past few years, I have run 2 Half Marathons.


Some people call these mini marathons, but I think that is just plain blasphemous.



A mini marathon would be like.......... a mile.

A half marathon is 13.2 miles........... there is nothing "mini" about that!

I still am a little scarred from my last half marathon.



BEFORE baby sis & I ran our last half marathon.

I hated the actual course!  HATED! 

But I finished.  Beat my previous time.  And, most importantly, I got the t-shirt!

I haven't been quite ready to sign up for another race until I saw something about a race called the Hot Chocolate 15k.

Umm, what???!!!

Apparently, when you finish the race, this is what awaits you!


There is also talk of hot chocolate & fondue!


What?  What?

Chocolate is my l♥ve language!  ♥ ♥ ♥

Sign me up!

Literally.......... the baby sis & I are really signing up for this one!

You'll hear more from me later about my crazy training {which I don't usually get serious about until 45 days before race day} & the BIG RACE DAY!

Stay tuned........

6 comments:

  1. You're amazing! I did a 1/2 marathon once...and haven't really run since. Those long races are NOT for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that they are for me either, but I do them b/c I think I should. :)

      Delete
  2. I love to run! And I would run for chocolate too. I did a 1/2 marathon in June and I am doing one in October. I feel like now that I have started, I can't stop!! Where is this chocolate race??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The race is in Atlanta.

      Here is their web site. There are other locations.

      http://www.hotchocolate15k.com/

      Delete
  3. I'm not a runner... but I wish I could get that mug without finishing a race ;) Haha! It looks good.

    Thanks for following my blog! It's nice to "meet" you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Laura!

      That mug is pretty spectacular! :)

      Delete