Friday, August 3, 2012

Scandalous, I'm Sure!

My husband's 30th birthday is coming up!

I married a  younger man, & it is times like this that he likes to remind me of this. {Rude!}

I am in the mental throws of planning his party.

I am trying to order/buy/make some really adorable party decor.  I've found several inexpensive things already, & I'm looking for more.

Since my husband graduated from the University of Georgia & we LOVE college football season, I am choosing to decorate in Red & Black & Silver.  That way, we can keep up some of the decor all season long!  {or at least until I put my Fall/Thanksgiving stuff out}

I found these straws on Etsy & feel that I totally need these!  How cute would they be in glass bottles of Coca-Cola???

http://www.etsy.com/listing/97625312/50-paper-strawsblack-stripe-black-polka?ref=usr_faveitems&atr_uid=19417433

I was also trying to find a unique candle for his cake, & I stumbled across these adorable Roman Numeral Candles.  I felt compelled to buy them. They're pretty awesome, huh?


When they came in, I showed them to my husband.  That's when The Upcoming Birthday Boy informed me that the awesomeness of these candles was lost on him.  He said that he had no idea how to count in Roman numerals.  WHAT???!!!!  In school, I thought that was one of the coolest things to learn!  How could he not remember?

Well, now that I think of it, he does have trouble remembering some of the things I tell/ask/discuss with him, so I'm not really surprised he doesn't remember what some lady taught him long ago.  :)

I briefly crash-coursed my husband in Roman Numerals 099.

I = 1
V = 5
X = 10
L = 50
C = 100
D = 500
M = 1,000

Apparently, I'm a pretty good teacher because my pupil seemed to catch on fairly quickly.

He said, "Oh, so thirty would XXX.  You know, like Triple X."

And then he chuckled.

And then he looked at the horrified look on my face, and laughed out loud!  {Rude!}

Well, I bought those candles. 

We are gonna use them! 

Everyone is gonna laugh at me, & I'm gonna bear it beautifully! 

Because that's what a monogram lovin' Georgia peach should do!

Most importantly, like the box says, "We're gonna party like it's MCMXCIX!!!!"


3 comments:

  1. I love this! Hilarious! Can't wait to see the party!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! Maybe it's a boy thing...my husband NEEDS to have REGULAR numbers on his watches and NOT Roman Numerals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. Please post pictures of the Roman Cake when it is made. With XXX on top. :)

    ReplyDelete